Having clear, measurable goals will get you to where you want to go MUCH FASTER. Otherwise, you’ll just be wandering around without purpose and wonder why you can’t have success. Going with the flow is just a great way to end up exactly… where everybody else is. So chose your path carefully.
” Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here? ”
” That depends a good deal on where you want to get to, ” said the Cat
” I don’t much care where… ” said Alice
” Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat
~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
I’ve taken some time to write down CLEAR, MEASURABLE, SMART GOALS for 2014. I’ve seen tremendous progress last year because I had a clearer vision than ever before of what I wanted to do and what was important and I was highly motivated to succeed. But now, it’s time to kick it up a notch.
Here are my 2014 SMART GOALS so that I make 2014 the best year of my life with the most growth. The list is pretty intense, but I built a crazy-delegation-intensive method to it so that I can focus only on what I’m good at: thinking, solving problem, creativity, creating content, etc and avoid “all work” since I tend to procrastinate and just feel like I’m wasting my time. All that is technical to any degree will be delegated to a team with each person specialized in highly specific tasks.
For example, I want to create a ton of clips from great interviews online to share on this blog. Now I could do that myself: download the original video, get the part I like, clip it, add my branding, compress the file, upload it on Youtube, give proper credits + links, etc but it’s highly time consuming and not in my interest. So I’ll only keep a file with the link and times I want and a person will read that file once a week and get the clip and do all the posting for me. Now that’s 4-Hour Workweek delegation!
My 2014 SMART GOALS
NOTE: EACH MONTH on the last day of the month, check where you stand and adjust to meet your goals.
These are the goals I want to accomplish before December 31rst, 2014:
- Building success habit
- get up every day at 9:27 am no snooze, no laying in bed
- run every morning 5+ minutes when i get up
- make myself a good morning tea, then plan the day and aim for my life goals
- don’t open computer for the 1st hour of the day: RELAX, focus on what’s important
- train 300X 5+ times per week
- test 5 new muses EACH week (landing pages). The more you experiment, the faster you grow.
- read 1-2 hours per day minimum
- do ONE critical task per day to get to my life goals, if i dont do it, then consequence (100x pushups)
- 7 min yoga & stretching before bed
- retro everyday: what have i done, how you rate your day, 80-20 analysis to get to life goals faster
- 4-Hour Workweek lifestyle
- Get to 2000$ per month before January 31th
- Travel to Hawaii on February 15th and stay at least 30 days
- have 5 revenue generating muses to diversify income
- no more client work.
- get a loft in montreal, wide open, full story or a building
- work no more than 4 hours per week to produce revenues, the rest i can spend it blogging, learning, doing what i want
- learn anything i want when i want it
- get to 180 lbs of muscles and 10-12% fat
- finish 100 strangers project
- BLOG & BRAND
- develop a world class blog about 4hww lifestyle & meta learning (it’s my passion and I could monetize it. Also, to be future proof, develop myself as a brand and build a solid no-look-behind foundation and platform that will leverage a lot more)
- 25 000 visitors per month by december 31th
- have 100 000 visitors or more in the year
- Write 50+ blog posts
- 10+ guest posts (featured or guest posting)
- 1 post on Wired
- do 50+ personal VLOGS
- have done 25 consecutive weekly newsletters or more on dec 31rst
- Added at least 100+ videos to my youtube channels (whether i make them or clipped)
- Do 12 or more public Challenges + reports that get me outside my comfort zone. Ex: interview a guru, get published on Wired, etc. The goal is to use that as a way to multiply my growth rate and do things that I wouldn’t otherwise have a reason to do.
- do 5 seminars where i explain key web & marketing concepts to people (meet business people, etc. START SMALL: use your own existing clients and entourage)
- write my first real physical book draft (big time social proof, though leadership)
- do 10+ interviews (to develop social skills, grow network, start small with clients, then aim for known people, etc)
- Go to 20+ networking events, big or small to meet local or international entrepreneurs
- Give 25+ influencers to accept your freebies (giving them value, and getting to know them, building relationship)
And don’t forget:
If it’s important to you, you’ll MAKE TIME to do it. Otherwise you’ll find a reason